Microsoft Launches Photos Companion App for Phone-to-PC Easy Photo Transfers
Microsoft has launched a new app to facilitate easy photo transfer from mobile devices to a Windows 10 PC, without using the cloud. Photos Companion is available for iOS and Android and deposits your mobile images in the Windows Photos app on the desktop or laptop PC using just a WiFi network.
- First, you need to launch the Photos app on your computer. Be sure that the app is updated to the latest version.
- Then you click on the three dots in the upper-right corner and choose “Settings”.
- Now you need to enable the “Preview” option found near the bottom of the Settings menu. You will only need to do this once.
- After closing the Photos app and opening it again, you’ll see a new option in the Import drop-down menu, letting you copy photos from your phone to your PC wirelessly. Click on it.
- At this point, you’ll see a QR code on your PC’s screen. Launch the Photos Companion app on your phone, choose “Send Photos”, and scan the QR code.
- Once the QR code is scanned, you can use the Photos Companion app on your phone to highlight the photos that you want to be transferred.